Sunday, March 10, 2013

Attack of the Killer Toothbrush

This toothbrush pictured here is not the culprit. The photo here is representation of a tooth brush. The toothbrush that attacked me had moving parts. I could have avoided the attack if I had acted when I thought I should have.

Okay here's what happened: I noticed the head on my electric toothbrush was getting a little loose, I knew I needed to replace the head. I thought I would do it next time I was at the store. The next time I was at the store was not soon enough. I was brushing my teeth in the normal manner when I felt the attack. The inside of my cheek was stuck in my toothbrush, underneath the head. Luckily there was no blood and only a little pinch. I gingerly removed my cheek from under the toothbrush head and examined for further damage. There was none so I tried brushing my teeth again only to have it happen again. At this point I decided not to have the motor running, I used my toothbrush like a manual toothbrush. But to no avail, I found myself getting pinched again and again removing my cheek from underneath the head of my toothbrush. Now in fairness to toothbrushes out there in my whole life this is the first time this has happened. So I will not become fearful of toothbrushes though this might make a funny movie, or a funny scene in a movie since I wasn't actually injured.

I did go out and buy a new toothbrush, not just a new head; with no moving parts. I felt perhaps that was safer. Maybe it was my luck to have bought the toothbrush from hell the first time but I did not want to risk the attack again. My new toothbrush vibrates more than moves it's kind of an odd feeling but it gets the job done well and there aren't any parts for my cheeks to get stuck in.

The moral of this story is when you feel like you need to change your toothbrush head do it before it attacks.



No comments:

Post a Comment